Need a place to sit and chill? Maybe power up your tech between sessions?
Or, maybe a place to connect with new colleagues outside of a session?
Drop by the Networking Uncommons, located in the convention center, and make the connections you need. You'll have plenty of space for several different discussions, lunch groups, or creative relaxation within the Networking Uncommons. The space is open during most of the conference and will have several different networking opportunities rotating throughout the conference!
Available hours will be listed soon.
Ways You Can Use This Space
- Have a seat on your own for a few minutes to power down.
- Power up your tech.
- Continue your group’s discussion after your official meeting.
- Offer a short, impromptu talk about a topic (just advertise it on Twitter, etc., and show up).
- Have a hot topic everyone’s buzzing about at Annual but there’s no formal meeting to discuss it? You’ve found your space – just pick a time and tell everyone.
- Whatever else you can think of!
If you know when you'd like to use the space, sign up for a time slot in advance. If not, just show up and we'll try to accommodate you. During open times the area is up for grabs, and big enough that multiple groups can use it at once. Be sure to take a look at the topics each day to see what interests you.
A schedule of events in the Networking Uncommons will be posted in the Scheduler closer to the conference. We ask is that you not book more than one hour per day so that everyone has a chance to use the space.
- Selling, marketing, or distributing commercial or non-ALA marketing materials will not be allowed in the Uncommons.
- Desktop computers and laptops are not provided, but please feel free to bring your own.
- Attn Vendors: for your smaller meetings or activities, please use the Customer Connect Lounge near the Exhibits Office, your booth on the Exhibit Floor, or contact ALA Conference Services to discuss your space needs.